Αρχική Σελίδα Σεμιναρίων
Αρχική Σελίδα Σεμιναρίων E-Learning
Κατηγορίες Σεμιναρίων E-Learning
Αρχική Σελίδα Προπτυχιακών
Αρχική Σελίδα Μεταπτυχιακών
Αρχική Σελίδα ΙΕΚ
The MSc in Shipping Management is Designed for:
• Recent graduates looking for a career within the shipping industry.
• Shipping professionals who wish to enrich their know-how and improve their professional status.
• Officers of the Merchant Marine serving both at sea & onshore.
• Members of family businesses in shipping preparing to take on increasing responsibility in their companies.
• Young professionals with the determination to enter the shipping industry.
More than 90% of the World’s trade is transported by ships. Shipping is one of the most important sectors in the global economy. Moreover, Greece is a country with a long standing tradition in shipping and the home of more than 700 shipping companies: the Greeks control the biggest fleet in the world in terms of both value and size. As a result there is a need for shipping graduates with advanced management skills and knowledge.
The MSc in Shipping Management program is designed to transform young graduates and early career professionals into seasoned professionals equipped with the skills, knowledge and expertise required for a successful career in the demanding and highly competitive world of shipping. A specialized program, providing students with a holistic and in depth knowledge of the most important issues in modern commercial shipping.
• A specialized shipping program: The MSc in Shipping Management provides a thorough and deep understanding of all the major theories and practices that can be encountered in a modern shipping company.
• Academic rigor with practical know-how: The program balances academic rigor with practical experience in order to serve the needs of tomorrow’s ship managers in the most effective ways.
• Internship opportunities: For eligible students with leading companies in the shipping industry.
• Ideal location: Offered in Greece, a country with a long-standing tradition in shipping.
• International Recognition: Accredited The New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE), the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers (ICS) and the Hellenic Shipbrokers Association (HSA).
• Links to the Industry: Strongly supported by the Greek shipping community: significant networking opportunities and participation in activities such as educational field trips abroad/cruise trips, visits to shipping companies, ports and commercial vessels. ALBA is a not-for-profit educational association of 89 Greek corporations including leading shipping companies like, Arcadia, Navios, Paragon, Star Bulk, Thenamaris and Top Ships . Moreover ALBA shipping programs are supported by WISTA Hellas, The Hellenic Shipbrokers Association, The International Propeller Club (Piraeus), the Master's and Mates Union of the Greek Merchant Marine and the Green Award, offering several partial scholarships and financial aid.
• Company sponsorship (full or partial)
• Scholarships/Financial Aid
Alba Graduate Business School is committed to attracting outstanding individuals and helping them finance their studies. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of prior academic excellence and scholarship recipients must maintain high performance throughout their studies. Financial Aid is awarded to worthy candidates on the basis of financial need.
Tuition fees are paid at the beginning of each two-month period, plus a one-off non-refundable fee upon registration.
Key features of the program
• Weekday classes between 18:00 – 22:00, twice or three times per week on average
• A 12-month program (24-month program for part-time mode)
• 12 core modules and 4 workshops
• Assessment: group reports/presentations, case study analysis, mid-term tests, final exams
• Dissertation or Internship or Coursework (3 courses)
• Weekday classes between 18:00 – 22:00, twice a week on average
Όλα τα νέα και οι ενημερώσεις απευθείας στο email σας