This program meets the growing needs of the tourism industry to shape high skilled and knowledgeable professionals, so that they can assume leading roles in the management of tourism organizations. The program blends the requisite specialist operational knowledge and skills, with advanced managerial competencies, in order to educate the new generation of tourism executives. It emphasizes the cross-cultural, moral, ethical, institutional and environmental issues in the management of tourism organizations, while covering all specialized business and operational skills. The strategic partnership with Costa Navarino and a series of events in collaboration with key tourism players throughout the program, as well as a well-organized internship process strongly support the development of a professional network and increase considerably the employability of students upon graduation.
• International Recognition: Accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA) by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE), The quality and academic standing of its faculty, both resident and visiting.
• Academic rigor with practical know-how: Academic courses are combined with specialized workshops by leading industry experts, tailored to address realistic technological and management challenges in travel, destination, tour guide, event, conference, leisure and entertainment management.
• Strategic Partnership with Costa Navarino: Specialized workshops by Costa Navarino professionals, tailored to address challenges in hospitality and destination management. Three-day visit at The Westin Resort Costa Navarino, located at the first resort area in Costa Navarino. Costa Navarino is the prime, sustainable destination in Messinia, southwest Peloponnese, encompassing luxury resort hotels, high-end residences, a new golf destination, spa, sports & leisure facilities, as well as authentic cultural experiences.
• Internship: Opportunity to spend three months at the heart of the tourism season at a number of tourism organizations. Internship at Costa Navarino offers c.v. inclusion into a global employment database and access to the most exciting online and classroom training programs.
• Links to the industry: Students will benefit from the close links between ALBA and the Greek tourism community.