Students should have:
- An academic qualification (Bachelor or Masters Degree)
- Working experience (on preference)
- Excellent command of English language
- An interview prior to the registration is always taking place
The Hellenic Management Centre, the official educational provider of ICS in Greece, offers the Annual Professional Maritime Programme that prepares the students for the ICS Professional Qualifying Examinations, leading to ICS Membership.
In 2011, the ICS Annual Professional Maritime Programme was recognised with the Lloyd’s Award “Achievement in Education and Training” during the 7th Annual Lloyd’s List Greek Shipping Awards.
The programme is addressed to:
- Shipping Professionals – shipbrokers, operators, charterers, maritime lawyers, agents, financiers- who wish to upgrade their theoretical and practical background and certify their expertise.
- Officers of the Merchant Marine– willing to enhance their sea-going experience and practice with the commercial knowledge.
- Graduates and Professionals of finance, management, legal and engineering background who wish to enter into the shipping industry.
The programme consists of seven modules which are taught in two semesters.
The first semester introduces candidates the four (4) compulsory modules, giving a comprehensive overview of the shipping business:
- INTRODUCTION TO SHIPPING
- ECONOMICS OF SEA TRANSPORT
- SHIPPING BUSINESS
- LEGAL PRINCIPLES IN SHIPPING BUSINESS
In the second semester candidates have the opportunity to choose three (3) modules, and gain a deeper and specialised knowledge in the field of their interest. The modules offered are:
- DRY CARGO CHARTERING
- TANKER CHARTERING
- SHIP SALE AND PURCHASE
- SHIP OPERATIONS AND MANAGEMENT
- SHIPPING LAW
- MARINE INSURANCE
- LINER TRADES
- PORT AGENCY
- PORT AND TERMINAL MANAGEMENT
- LOGISTICS AND MULTI-MODAL TRANSPORT
- OFFSHORE SUPPORT INDUSTRY
- SHIPPING FINANCE
Instructors: The Instructors are members of the ICS, strongly linked to the shipping industry, having an excellent academic and professional background.
The Duration of the Programme is seven (7) months and classes are scheduled twice a week, evening hours, 19:00-21:30.
The next academic year starts in September 2016. Registrations are open.